Skip to main content

How to Play Like a Pro Footballer/Soccer Player





Football: What Kind of Player You’d Like to be



For you who loves football or soccer, of course you have one club that you love the most. For me, Manchester United is my only favorite team in the world. And also you have a reason for that. This time, I’m not talking about the club, it’s about the player, your favorite player. Who’s your favorite player? CristianoRonaldo or Lionel Messi? Or both? Or another great player that you adored.


I’m a big fan of Alessandro Del Piero. Del Piero is my best player since I was a kid. His role is Second Striker (SS) and he can also play as Attacking Midfielder (AMF). I plays football, now my positions are Central Midfielder (CM) and AMF. Back then, when I was a boy I played as a SS, just like my idol. I used to watch Del Piero played, I know his movements, I also know that he has the bicycling technique. I learned that technique since I was a kid. When I played, when ball came from the sky I always love to do that acrobatic technique. Sometimes when I played with my friends, I used to score with that technique.


What role do you play in football? If you’re good at CM, I suggest you to look after some professional player that played in that position, and also if you’re in other positions, you just need to pick some player in each positions. Because, if you’re a Defender (DF), then your favorite player is Drogba, it’s not wrong actually. What I’m saying is: if you’re DF, your favorite player is Central Forward (CF), you can’t play like your favorite player in your position unless you’re in that positions. You need at least one mentor in your best position. Why? Because you’ll learn, how a pro footballer control the situation in his position, what best to do, what decision, what movements. Not a real mentor actually, you just need to learn from a pro that you might like. As for me, I watched Scholes played. He’s the best in that position (CM). I used to download his video from Youtube. The video about how he passes the ball, his tackle, how he mastermind a game. Then you just need to practice it on field. You can watch your role model on youtube, it’s good to watch that video before you play football or soccer. Because you can still remember the technique and what to do in a certain situation. 


Even if we’re not as good as them, but atleast we learn how to play like a pro. It’s not how you’d like to be, just be who you are, no need to force yourself, simply just do how they did it.
Well the point is:

  • If you’re a striker, it is best to learn the positioning, not to get caught on offside position, how to score in one on one situation, when to run when your team mate pass you the ball forward.  
  • If you’re a midfielder, it is best to learn how to pass the ball forward, always looking for free team mates, learn how to control the midfield area, learn how to give the long pass, and you can learn how to shoot the ball from the distance.
  • If you’re a winger you’ll need speed to run faster then the opposite player, learn how to cross the ball in, learn how to dribble fast, be in the wide position, keep threatening the opponent. 
  • If you’re a wing back, mostly you can learn the winger play, but you’ll need extra stamina for wing back, because when you have to overlapping and then the opposite counter attack, you will need extra stamina to get back as fast as you can. 
  • If you’re a defender, you’ll need to learn how to plan the offside trap, learn how to defence well and keep the cleansheet, learn how to be strong in the air, learn how to tackle, learn how to swipe the ball forward or some clearance, and learn how to intercept well. You need to respond quick when intercepting the ball forward to your position. 
  • If you’re a goalkeeper, just like in the playstation player’s ability, you need to have quicker response, and goalkeeping ability as well. And you also need to learn positioning, punch the ball forward at least 12 meters away from your goal, decisioning (whether to punch it or to catch it). And always make yourself bigger when you have to deal with one on one situation.

I’m not the master of football, but I just wanted to share you some tips on how to play in your position, what best to do. If there any mistake I made, I’m really sorry because I’m just a human, human made mistake, and I do hope that this article can help you. And also this article still far from perfect, thank you for reading this and you can share it if it helps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RPP IPA KELAS VIII / 8 SEMESTER GENAP / II / 2 K13 SISTEM EKRESI

RENCANA PELAKSANAAN PEMBELAJARAN   (RPP)

RPP BAHASA INGGRIS KELAS VIII (8) SEMESTER GENAP (2) CHAPTER 11

RENCANA PELAKSANAAN PEMBELAJARAN (RPP)

RPP BAHASA INGGRIS KELAS VIII (8) SEMESTER GENAP (2) CHAPTER 10

  RENCANA PELAKSANAAN PEMBELAJARAN (RPP)